LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control stepper motor

Hi,

I need to drive a steppermotor (with a stepper driver). For this I'm using a cDAQ-9714 and a NI-9472. The speed of the stepper motor has to follow the profile on the figure below:

CNCcontrol9.gif

How could I do this?

I have tried something but I'm not able to control the number of steps with is (because I use continuous samples).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,966 Views)

What DAQ hardware do you have for this?  In a previous thread a couple months back, I didn't think your hardware would support what you're trying to do.  Did I get that wrong?  Or have you upgraded your cDAQ chassis?  One way or the other, is your hardware in fact capable of buffered counter pulse train output? 

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,945 Views)

Hi,

I'm using the cDAQ-9714 chassis. I'm able to accelerate but, I can't stop after N-samples.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,935 Views)

Have you confirmed that your hardware will generate the buffered frequencies you calculate?  Have you tried Finite Sampling instead of Continuous?

Note: you should write the buffer of freq/duty cycles before calling DAQmx Start.  The query of "Is Task Done?" is mainly for Finite Sampling tasks -- a Continuous task should *never* be done.  The trajectory you made is linear by index, but is by *no* means linear by time.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 4
(2,922 Views)