LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control increment button repeat rate

I'm working on an application in which the user must be able to change the value of multiple numeric controls using a touch screen interface.  The touchpanel I'm using generates normal mouse events so its essentially like interacting with the front panel only using a mouse.  Each numeric control has large increment/decrement buttons next to it to click/touch on. 

The question I have: is it possible to control the speed at which the numeric controls increment programatically?  I invision it to start at a slow speed increment repeat rate then after a few seconds of continuous mouse down go to fast speed increment repeat rate. 

It seems that the controls increment at a constant speed reguardless of being in loops with different mS-wait times and even when not in a loop at all.  I have also seen the shift+click trick to increase the increment speed, but this system in its final form will not have a keyboard.  Perhaps the shift+click can be emulated programatically.

Any help is appreciated,
Eric Hoffman.

Eric Hoffman
LV 8.20 FDS on Windows
Message 1 of 4
(3,593 Views)
Hi Eric,

what you could do is make new controls (up and down), and wait for a mouse-down event. Then you start the count up in a seperate while loop (queues or notifiers) then slowly speed up your rate, and terminate this while loop on a mouse-up event.

It would be really cool to have this in an XControl!

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,575 Views)
Yeah I thought of that but I have 8 of these controls which would make for a lot of programming.  I was hoping for something a little more elegant.  Xcontrol does sound like the way to go unfortunately I do not have access to that package.

Eric Hoffman
LV 8.20 FDS on Windows
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,560 Views)
Here's my try,

you should put inside a subvi (reentrant) just like i did with the up_down.vi

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,532 Views)