LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control design & simulation module doesn't work

Hey guys!

I have both LabVIEW 2013 64-bit and 2014 64-bit editions. I downloaded the "Control Design & simulation" module for both versions. However, it doesn't work. When I bring up the "controls" panel in the Front Panel or the "Functions panel in the Block Diagram and click on "Control Design & Simulation" tab, I find it empty. The LabVIEW components window shows that the CD Sim is already installed and acitivated. I attached a picture to explain what's wrong.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,079 Views)

I believe the Control Design & Simulation module is only compatible with LabVIEW 32-bit.  This is the case with most LabVIEW modules.  My suggestion would be to install 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows, which is the most common configuration for using NI software.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,072 Views)
Alright. I'll give it a shot and see what's what. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,067 Views)

Hi,

Did you manage to sort this problem as I am in the same situation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,900 Views)

Hi Drew15,

Here is a White Paper that explains LabVIEW bitness compatibility with modules, specifically for Windows 7 OS:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en/

As described there, the Control Design and Simulation module is not compatible with LabVIEW 64-bit software (as are a lot of the other drivers and toolkits). I would recommend installing LabVIEW 32-bit instead!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,865 Views)

Hi

I have installed Labview 2017 32 bit in my PC. It is showing control and Simulation. It contains only PID and Fuzz logic Controllers. It doesn't contain any Simulation, Control Design and System Identity. How can i get them? Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,471 Views)

Hi Arjun2002,

You are likely missing the needed software. Most likely you will need the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module. These packages don't come with just LabVIEW. 

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,461 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I have downloaded the required software and installed it. Now there is no problem.

Message 8 of 11
(4,445 Views)

this is also my problem what shall i do 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,462 Views)

Hi hailemicael,

@hailemicael wrote:

this is also my problem what shall i do 

Read message #8 again and do the same…

Best regards,
GerdW