LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control alignment on tab pages

This is an appearance/aesthetic issue only. I am building a tab control with 8 pages. Each page has the same controls for different channels. How do I align/position a control on a page to be in exactly the same place as the same control on the page above/beneath it?
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,414 Views)
There may be an easier way to do it with property nodes but what I usually do is create all the controls on the first tab and when I have them exactly the way I want them, I group them together, and then do a shift-drag to move the group off the tab, and then do a Ctrl-Shift drag to move multiple copies to each page of the tab control. The alignment grid makes the horizontal positioning simpler.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,414 Views)
Too late for that ... I'm done putting all of the controls on the tabs. I just need to line everything up. I also need to do this if I have to add anything in the future.
PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,414 Views)
Once you get your first control in position, the others can be aligned to the first by left or right or top or bottom. There is a set of alignment tools on the 2nd top menu bar, just to the right of the font selection box. For example, to align left edges, select the two controls you want to align and choose the left edges alignment tool.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,414 Views)
I understand how align controls on the same page, but how do I align controls so that each control on each page is in the same position?
PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,414 Views)
I have done this in the past by painstakingly moving icons one pixel at a time with the keyboard arrow keys, then switching back and forth between tab windows until there is no noticable difference in icon positions. Must be done for each icon to align. This is probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't know of any other method except programatically using property nodes to set the top left position at runtime.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,414 Views)
That's what I ended up doing. Thanks, everyone for your input.
PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,414 Views)
There is a way to allign the controls from diffrent tabs, it just takes two steps.

Use a set of dummy reference controls. One for top, one for left that are positioned off the tab control.

You allign the controls on one page to the dummy references, then repeat for the other tabs.

If you group like Dennis suggested the work is done in no time.

Trying to help,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 8
(3,414 Views)