From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Value:Set Method for a Remote VI

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to toggle the value of a boolean control in a global variable in a remote PC using VI servers. 

Control Value_Set.png

The "Current State" boolean is always read correctly, but I'm having problem with setting the value of the control to the new value, and it remains unchanged. Any idea?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
(2,645 Views)

That boolean isn't a Latcher is it?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,636 Views)

No. Switch when pressed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,628 Views)

Very late on the thread, but since I stumbled on the problem and found a solution, I might as well share it here:

The problem with the Control Value.Set Method is, that it doesn't trigger an Event Handler if that is listening to a ValueChange event. To achieve that, you must use the Value (Signaling) method on the reference of the control you're trying to change.My controls are organized on a tab, so one could leave out the selection of the tab control..

See the attached image on how I did it. I used the now disabled structure to get the index of the control I wanted to change. Not sure if you have to close all reference like I did.

SETMUTEUNMUTE.JPG

I hope it helps, and I'm always happy for suggestions what I could improve.

- PK

Message 4 of 4
(1,838 Views)