cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Of Sabertooth 2x60 with packetized serial

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am trying to get a driver built and fully working for a Sabertooth 2x60 to be used in a RoboRIO driving an electric wheelchair motors.  So I have it working for the most part and it should be a real simple but for some reason it is not.  

I can post additional code if it helps but hopefully someone has had experience with the issue.  I and sending serial commands to the sabertooth via VISA and it responds perfectly for motor 1 and seems to miss about every other message for motor 2.  Additionally I cant set the serial time out or any of the other time outs.  

Attached is a summary that I sent to Customer support but so far they are little help.  I am guessing it is some random Labview thing that I am missing.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GeneHancock

Your checksum says you want to add the 3 bytes together.  But you are just ORing them together.  Before ANDing with 1111111.

In some situations, the checksum would be the same.  In others it would not.  (Though for the 2 examples you show, they do give the same checksum.)

Message 2 of 4
(2,539 Views)

Crap I think that is the issue.  I will test it out when I get to work but it makes total sense.  I think I just say the + and thought or and didn't fully read it.  

Will Update when I know it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,534 Views)

That was the issue.  Good eye.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,521 Views)