LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Design & Simulation -Problem Running Locked VI's in different versions

For student exams, I like to lock my Simulations so the students can't access the block diagram.  But, I have found that if I lock my 32-bit version of the files, it cannot run in other versions of LabVIEW - the file cannot be compiled.    To clarify, if I use LabVIEW 2019, 32-bit,   it cannot run in the 64 bit version of LabVIEW 2019.    I tried also with LabVIEW 2020 and 2021.   And,  if I make it in LabVIEW 2019, it won't work in LabVIEW 2020 or 2021, even if still 32-bit.     I have attached one of the many combinations that give the same error.

Separately, if I make a simulation in LabVIEW 2021, and try to save to previous version,  I have the same issue.   It doesn't matter if I lock it before I save to previous version.   Either order of operations leads to a file that cannot be compiled to run. 

This makes it very difficult for students who have different versions of LabVIEW to use my files.  What can be done to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(556 Views)

You can create a Packed Library with "Allow future versions of LabVIEW to load this packaged library" option. Uncheck "Enable Debugging" to remove block diagram from the packed library.

santo_13_0-1637622499672.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(541 Views)