This widget could not be displayed.

From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Wavelet Transformation frequency output in columns and rows?

Hi

I´m trying to understand the output of the Continuous Wavelet Transformation Vi. I am only a beginner in wavelet, so is viewing from a Fourier Transformation method with moving windows. For example if I have 8 points say recorded with 1Hz = 8sec of data and run it thought the CWT with 8 scales, I get 8x8 array of data. So as far as I understand I get the frequencies of (starting with column 0 going to 7): 1Hz, 0,5Hz, 1/3Hz, 1/4Hz, 1/5Hz, 1/6Hz, 1/7Hz and 1/8Hz. Is this correct so far?

What I don´t get is how it is possible to make 8 (rows) of wavelet correlations on the columns from 1-7, when there is for example only one possibility to make correlation of 1/8Hz stretched wavelet, because the wavelet must be stretched over 8points (7th column). In picture below is illustration of wavelet where for the largest scale 8 (=lowest frequency) here 1/8Hz there is only 1 value for every 8 values for the smallest scale 1 (=highest frequency) here 1Hz.  

I really hope someone can help me!

Best Regards

Jesper

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,043 Views)