LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents of Multicolumn Listbox in Array Propagate to All Elements

Solved!
Go to solution

I created an array of multicolulmn listboxes. When I edit the contents in one element, the values propagate to all elements of the array. Other variables don't do this. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(738 Views)

In an array, the ONLY thing different from one element to the next can be the value.  Nothing else.

For a listbox, the value is the selected line, so it's expected.  Annoying maybe, but expected.

Message 2 of 5
(710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author clay.at.emerson

@Kyle97330 wrote:

In an array, the ONLY thing different from one element to the next can be the value.  Nothing else.

For a listbox, the value is the selected line, so it's expected.  Annoying maybe, but expected.

For a bit more clarity, the stuff you put in the boxes are part of the properties of the MCL box.  The ItemNames property, to be exact.  Unfortunately.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 5
(700 Views)

You're a genius Bill! I don't like the answer, but I sure like knowing.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(693 Views)

@clay.at.emerson wrote:

You're a genius Bill! I don't like the answer, but I sure like knowing.

Thank you!

I think Kyle deserves a solution, also.  Probably more than me.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(670 Views)