From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructor Node Error creating instance of RootCommands code 1172

HI all,

I try to use the LabVIEW VIs that came with an instrument to control it. When I run the example VIs of the instrument, I receive the following eror code:

Error Code 1172

Constructor Node Error creating instance of RootCommands in assembly Aerotech.Ensemble.LabVIEW.Commands.RootCommands, Aerotech.Ensemble.LabVIEW, Version=4.8.1.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=478e72719c32735e, (System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) <append><b>System.NullReferenceException</b> in MoveIncSingle.vi

As backup information: I am using a 32 bit Labview 2013 version ( .NET 4.0 was installed together with labview). The instrument control VIs that cause the error were originally written for Labviw 8.2.

I figured out that this error occurs when labview does not find the .NET assemblies or is incompatible with the .NET version. Is that correct?

Can anyone explain what the problem here is?

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 9
(3,713 Views)

Specifically which example VI is it?

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,674 Views)

Hi!

could you please tell me if you solved the issue? 

I have the same problem and I don’t kown what to do. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,997 Views)

You should probably start your own thread, since this one is 5 years old.

Also, how exact of a match is your "same problem"?

Did you just get error 1172?

Did you get error 1172 with a "System.NullReferenceException"?

Did you get error 1172 with a "System.NullReferenceException" when using "Aerotech.Ensemble.LabVIEW"?

If you can post the code that creates the problem, that really helps.  VIs are best by a long shot, screenshots are not great but better than nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,993 Views)

Dear Kyle97330,

thank you for your reply.  

I have encountered the same problem as he mentioned “

Error Code 1172

Constructor Node Error creating instance of RootCommands in assembly Aerotech.Ensemble.LabVIEW.Commands.RootCommands, Aerotech.Ensemble.LabVIEW, Version=4.8.1.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=478e72719c32735e, (System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) <append><b>System.NullReferenceException</b> in...... “

This error apears for almost each VI that I try to run in LabView 2012.

The program was creted to run in LabView 8.6

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,989 Views)

Please,find attached one of the VI.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,985 Views)

Please,find attached one of the VI.

Thank you for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,984 Views)

"System.NullReferenceException" means that there's a .NET reference that wasn't created properly.  I don't have the code for the instrument driver you're using but my best guess is that it needs to get a reference from "somewhere" but that "somewhere" is either code you're not running or code with an error in it so it passed out the default (null) reference value.  So whereever the "Controller in" wire comes from, track that down.

It could be something like there's an "initialize" VI that needs to be run before you can run any other VI in the library.  Basically, you need to find the origin of the wire that goes into the node that gives you the problem, and trace it back until you find where it originates, and make sure it originates from either a constructor node, a static property node, or a static invoke node.

Message 8 of 9
(2,983 Views)

You are right! I have tried to run every VI in order to get the reference but I can't find it.

I also received the PropertyNode error when I run the VIs attached.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,978 Views)