LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Pane Terminal

Hello,

Not sure what I'm missing when I right click on the connector pane terminal the option ( This Connection Is»Required) is greyed out.

AltiumDesigner_0-1647888540295.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(864 Views)

@AltiumDesigner wrote:

Hello,

Not sure what I'm missing when I right click on the connector pane terminal the option ( This Connection Is»Required) is greyed out.

AltiumDesigner_0-1647888540295.png

I'm guessing the front panel object is an indicator, not a control.  it is highly possible that you defined the typedef as an indicator, so when you dropped it on the front panel, it was dropped as an indicator.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(860 Views)

@billko wrote:

I'm guessing the front panel object is an indicator, not a control.  it is highly possible that you defined the typedef as an indicator, so when you dropped it on the front panel, it was dropped as an indicator.

Curiously, indicators typically don't show the increment/decrement buttons. Something else might be off, but that's impossible to tell from a blurry picture.

Can you show the context help windows for the VI (when hovering over the icon in the upper right)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(848 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@billko wrote:

Curiously, indicators typically don't show the increment/decrement buttons. Something else might be off, but that's impossible to tell from a blurry picture.

Can you show the context help windows for the VI (when hovering over the icon in the upper right)?

You're right.  I'd also be interested in what the context help says about the connector pane.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(834 Views)

AltiumDesigner_0-1647893210842.png

I figured it out I was selecting these out of order before right clicking to link them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(826 Views)

@AltiumDesigner wrote:

AltiumDesigner_0-1647893210842.png

I figured it out I was selecting these out of order before right clicking to link them.

I know what you're saying.  You clicked on the control and tried to wire it to the connector pane instead of the other way around, so really you were wiring whatever you clicked on next to that connector.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(816 Views)