LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to external controller via IP / Ethernet

Hello
First of all I would like to clarify the available material on which the question is developed:

I have an external controller for a welding process.
The manufacturer of this controller, has created a monitoring and control software where I can automatically display the welding graphs made by the controller, these graphs the guards through ethernet in the cloud. That is, I put the IP address in my browser and automatically opens the software to monitor and visualize the graphs.

I need to make a program capable of connecting to this IP address, and save the graphs automatically on my PC or on a server that I own.
How is this action possible?

If you need more information let me know.

I have LabView15, but in brief the company will provide me with a more recent version (hopefully).
Thanks in advance.

I attach images of the IP web controller to make an idea.

On the first photo, you can see a window where to acceed to this graph.
On the second, the list. I would like to have the same list but in my PC, not in the cloud. thanks
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,377 Views)

Hi plaza,

The usual way for communication with an external device is as follows:

Ask the welding controller manufacturer for a programming manual.

Then read the manual and follow the given instructions to request the data you need…

What have you tried so far?

(And please don't put your message text into a "code" section…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,372 Views)

GerdW escribió:

Hi plaza,

The usual way for communication with an external device is as follows:

Ask the welding controller manufacturer for a programming manual.

Then read the manual and follow the given instructions to request the data you need…

What have you tried so far?

(And please don't put your message text into a "code" section…)

The problem is that the welding controller give us this system with the graphs clearly, they can not acced to my PC and they always work via IP or in the cloud, but I want to download AUTOMATICALLY this files on my PC.

The files are good and i can download one by one or make a zip (image 3), but do this every day is stressful beacuse there are thousands of graphs so I thought that I could do something to download automatically on a folder and work without beeing conecting to the internet.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,363 Views)

Hi plaza,

analyze the HTML code (and/or URL) of this webinterface to determine the used interface techniques.

Then try to access the webinterface using LabVIEW and TCP/IP functions…

Again: just from showing images of this webinterface you willnot get much help. You NEED to know the techniques used to build the interface…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,355 Views)