From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Digital port PFI2 to RTSI3

i have a question about connecting a digital port (e.g. PFI2) to RTSI port (e.g. RTSI3).

My device: PCI6731

i have already sucessfully connected 'Ctr0InternalOutput' to RTSI0.

Now I need a digital input to another RTSI. But I failed to do that and got the prompt message: 'Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route.'

Please tell me how to connect a digital input to a RTSI?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,177 Views)

Greetings lyonco.

This is a great question and can be somewhat of a tricky task at times.  For advice on how best to proceed, please refer to the following KnowledgeBase article. 

Why Do I Get Error 89137 "Specified route cannot be satisfied..." When Routing PFI Lines Over RTSI?

In the case of the PCI-6731, it appears from the routing table that Counter0 is used as a subsystem when routing from any of the PFI lines to RTSI0-6.  I hope this information helps get you on the right track. 

Regards,

Michael G.

Michael G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Self-realization: I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,164 Views)

Thank you very much Michael G!

From your answer I understand now that PFI cannot be usd if I have already used Counter0. I read the link you provided. It seems like I can use the reserved port of PCI6731. I am not sure if it possible or any other port I can use to connect to RTSI.

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,156 Views)