LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Digital port PFI2 to RTSI3

i have a question about connecting a digital port (e.g. PFI2) to RTSI port (e.g. RTSI3).

My device: PCI6731

i have already sucessfully connected 'Ctr0InternalOutput' to RTSI0.

Now I need a digital input to another RTSI. But I failed to do that and got the prompt message: 'Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route.'

Please tell me how to connect a digital input to a RTSI?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,179 Views)

Greetings lyonco.

This is a great question and can be somewhat of a tricky task at times.  For advice on how best to proceed, please refer to the following KnowledgeBase article. 

Why Do I Get Error 89137 "Specified route cannot be satisfied..." When Routing PFI Lines Over RTSI?

In the case of the PCI-6731, it appears from the routing table that Counter0 is used as a subsystem when routing from any of the PFI lines to RTSI0-6.  I hope this information helps get you on the right track. 

Regards,

Michael G.

Michael G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Self-realization: I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,166 Views)

Thank you very much Michael G!

From your answer I understand now that PFI cannot be usd if I have already used Counter0. I read the link you provided. It seems like I can use the reserved port of PCI6731. I am not sure if it possible or any other port I can use to connect to RTSI.

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,158 Views)