From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about using Digital signals

Using dying NXG...

My first experience with digital signals. I am collecting eight different signals at 1,000 samples per second. I mistakenly thought it was just like analog signals but it is not. These are all 0V or 24V from a PLC. I AM getting a digital result from System Designer so I know I am getting data correctly.

First:

I can't seem to use Index DWDT Index Channel by Name when using a channel name. My channel names are defined in my channel definitions.

Example:

Image 22.png

Code. The example in red is not getting the data at all. All the rest get data.

Image 21.png

Second:

How do I access a individual reading in the table? Apparently digital waveform uses a table rather than an array for the data structure. I can't seem to figure out how to extract the reading at the third index of the table. Seems like it should be an array.

Image 23.png

Last:

What I need to do is take the digital signals 5 - 8 and convert them to a numeric value for all 100 readings at a time. I see there is a function to convert an array of binary to decimal. This feels like I am taking a lot of steps to do something that would be very common in LabVIEW/NXG though. Is there a much simpler way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(779 Views)