Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure simulated device in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

Intro to Problem:

I am pretty new to LabVIEW and have been tasked with making a simulation for Data Acquisition and Controls for a liquid rocket engine testing facility. I started by trying to simulate a pressure transducer. I used NI MAX to simulate this device and use DAQ-mx to set up the block diagram. 

My Problem:

Every time I save a VI that uses a simulated device and then try to reopen it on a different computer, the VI forgets the device and all its details.

Since I need to make a entire simulation with multiple simulated devices, I need to know to properly save NI MAX simulated devices so I can work progressively on my block diagram and front panel.

Do get back to me with suggestions and further questions.

Thank you for your attention and help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,869 Views)

When you create a simulated device in MAX, it is saved in MAX, not in your VI. If you want to have that simulated device on a new computer, you can either create it again in MAX, or use the file >> import / export which will export the entire MAX configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,854 Views)

Hey! Thank you for your answer, it solved the issue partially. 

However, even when I exported and saved the device, it is not working with my code. 

If you look at my code below, it has question mark on the icons, and I dont know why.

I even tried making a new device and used it to try to run the code, but it shows a broken arrow and does not run.

I don't understand the problem, let alone the solution. Please provide your input.

Thank you all

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,811 Views)

My LabVIEW code keeps showing the following error message when I open it :

"The subVI could not be found when loading this VI.  The missing subVI is part of the NI-DAQmx Driver.  Exit LabVIEW and install or repair the NI-DAQmx Driver."

I tried making a new device in NI MAX but it does not recognize that and does not run the code. 

Any and all help is appreciated as I am a newb at LabVIEW. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RocketScientistRiddle

It sounds like you don't have the DAQmx drivers installed. You should be able to run your LabVIEW install media and under "device drivers" you can install DAQmx development support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,790 Views)

Hey!

Thank you for your help. I am downloading the driver now. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,783 Views)