LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure packages using OPKG on myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I would to install some packages on myRIO 1900 using OPKG and I install OpenSSH by Cygwin to achieve that. The problem that I have at this moment is logging myRIO using the SSH commands.

When the program ask me for the password, it doesn't allow me to put anything like it was blocked.

image.png

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,780 Views)

Are you sure it is blocking it?  Have you tried to type in the password and hit enter?  I think bash and other shells will not show the * for each character you type.  This is for security so someone watching your screen doesn't know how long your password is.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gomezramones

hoovahh is correct the shells don't show anything when you type in your password.

also note that you have the device name it seems as your login user, that may be wrong.

in MAX set a username and password for the administrative account and activate SSH.

then you can login with either cygwin/babun's ssh or putty (or use any linux/osx to test):

"ssh USERNAME@MACHINE_IP"

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,744 Views)

yes you were right. I put admin@MACHINE_IP and it works. Thanks. 

I have another question. When I finish installing all the library that I need, how can I use it on LabVIEW? I know that I have to use Call Library Function Node but I'm having trouble with that

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,741 Views)

Here is a little information on the call library node:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P901SAC

But if the installed package has a command line interface, it is much easier to write code that uses the system exec function.  This will function just as the bash shell would.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,738 Views)