From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration control with VSTS

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry if this is the wrong place.  My company does lots of different types of software development, and has internally standardised on VSTS (I think this is the replacement for TFS) for issue and config control.

I'm prepping for a big LabVIEW project, and apparently need to integrate this into our standardised process.  But I'm not sure how to do it - our VSTS sits on a server somewhere, but when go to the LabVIEW options to configure source control, there is nothing for me to select in the drop-down box.  Presumably this is because I don't have VSTS installed locally to my desktop machine, but then that's pretty normal, I think.

How can I bridge the gap?  I don't want to lose the ease of config control because of a standard tool, but apparently our QA people frown on us deviating from our standard process.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johndigsby85

VSTS is not natively supported in LabVIEW.   Nor, can I recall a 3rd party toolkit for that.

So, it's a roll you're own Framework you can write, if you know how.   Look into the Framework providers group on the community side for help getting started.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,076 Views)

Thanks for this - think we will go with on-premises TFS and then hook into that using a git client.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,026 Views)