LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config File VI Read Key (path) bug?

The Read Key (Path) VI from the Config File library does not seem to operate properly - at least as far as I can tell. If you have a config file in which the path is specified as starting from a server like this: "\\\\servername\\directory1\\directory2\\filename", and use the Read Key with a path constant as the default value (the Read Key (Path) will get used), the returned path is "\\\\servername\directory1\directory2\filename". This is not correct. The path should have only two backslashes at the beginning. The problem seems to be in the "Common Path to Specific Path" subVI.

Workaround: Read the key as a string, and then use the String to Path function. Using the above key, the return value from the Read Key (String) is, correctly, "\\servername\directory1\directory2\filename".

This behavior seems to occur with 8.6 as well. Don't know about 8.6.1, but I did not see anything in the bug fix list for 8.6.1 regarding this. 

Note: I only tested this on Windows.

Download All
Message 1 of 4
(2,932 Views)
EDIT: I completely forgot to mention that yes, I did a search. The only thing I found was a post from 2000 indicating the problem. It appears that it still exists.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,927 Views)
I have verified this behavior and it appears to be a bug.  LabVIEW 8.6.1 does exhibit the same behavior.  This was reported to R&D (# 179652) for further investigation. Thanks for the feedback!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,907 Views)
Thanks for the feedback. I've added a post in the July 2009 bug thread.
Message 4 of 4
(2,897 Views)