cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional indicators and data buffers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

when I was reading help on VI memory usage http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/vi_memory_usage/, I did not completely understand the part about Conditional indicators and data buffers.

Could someone provide one or two examples of it?

Thanks,

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,726 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrej

In this example:ci.png

The upper structure is less effecient since the three FP DBL objects are "conditional"  (they don't have value in the error case and are assigned default values )  in that case a new copy of the data is created and the output cannot reuse the input data buffer.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 4
(2,715 Views)

Thank you very much Jeff. Now is everything clear to me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Sorry that I still couldn't understand the Conditional indicators and data buffers.  

I tried checking the code provided by you using "Show Buffer Allocation" in LV2012.  I can see that both the code allocates same number of bufferes. i.e., the one which has Conditional indicator also created a buffer as below (Notice black square dot in Add function).  If conditional indicator does create additional buffers as you explained in previous post, why equal number of buffer is created in non-conditional indicators also?  Can you please explain this?

Conditional Indiator.png

Thanks,

Ajay. 

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,607 Views)