LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer doesn't shut down after data acquisition

Hi all,

We have software that performs data acquisition and analog output using Data Translation boards. At all our customers, if they ran this data acquisition, when they want to shut down the computer  (after closing exiting our program, of course) it looks as though everything is fine but the screen "Windows is shutting down" just stays there.

This does not happen on the developer computers, only on customer and testing computers. This does not happen if customer just opened software, looked at some files and quit the software. Only after running the data acquisition. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,319 Views)

I would guess that you are not closing a ref to a program outside of your code that is not allowing Windows to shut down.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,309 Views)

Danielle,

I agree with what Tim said.  Something else to check is how are you handling the drivers for the Data Translation boards, i.e. are you closing a clearing all of the calls to the dlls.  I would also try using the NI I/O Trace to see if everything is being closed are if you are still communicating with a device.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,295 Views)

Thanks for hte suggestions, I'll try and get bak to you.

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,268 Views)

If all else fails, you could always force Windows to shutdown.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,265 Views)