From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Plot Properties Axis Format Property update bug

Tested in LV 2011, Windows XP.

If you try to change an axis format property (say Digits of Precision) and switch to another axis using the pull-down list box, the property is not updated, even though it is also not applied to the new axis.

In other words: the default precision is 2 and I want to change it to 1 for the X and Y axes.

I select the X axis, change the Digits value to 1. This applies it to axis 1. Good.

I now select the Y axis: the Digits value does NOT change (it stays 1) but the Y axis precision does NOT change either (it stays 2). Not good.

You have to actually edit the Digits field, type the correct value (even though it's there already) and press enter to update the value ON THE GRAPH.

There might be some similar bugs in other properties.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,629 Views)

Hello,

My LV 2011 does not have such problem.

In your step 2nd, "I now select the Y axis: the Digits value does NOT change (it stays 1) but the Y axis precision does NOT change either (it stays 2). Not good."

What I experienced is the Digits value does change back to 2 and the Y axis precision does NOT change (it stays 2). And When I select X asix again, the Digits value does change to 1 as expected.

I also tested in 2009 and 2010 and did not reproduce this problem. Do you use English version?

Message 2 of 6
(2,623 Views)

I do. I have also the latest video drivers for my PC, etc. Thanks for checking though.

It's not a deal breaker but that's puzzling the first time it happens.

Just to make sure here is where I click:

http://screencast.com/t/zmqavl5m

Check it again...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,621 Views)

According to what you describe, it is not related to video card but some VI server. Do you reproduce the problem every time or sporadically?

I opened the link and get a video for XY Graph. Wrong link?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,613 Views)

Sorry, this was for another bug I posted elsewhere. I'll post a video later today. But I stand with my description and that is reproducible every single time I tried.

BTW, I posted a rant somewhere else related to many other bugs with this object. IMHO, it is not ready for prime time...

Message 5 of 6
(2,601 Views)

Hmmm... That's interesting. I started Jing to record a demo of the effect and, to my bewilderment, the bug was gone! Still works fine (that is bug-free) without Jing, so I wonder what was going on yesterday (I had actually seen this bug before, so it's not just a freakish fluke).

The main difference I can see is that I started from a fresh VI just after launching LV...

Unfortunately, I don't expect to be of more help as I have given up using this object anyway (see this post for an explanation)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,593 Views)