LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compute Metrics for Display.vi

In LabVIEW 7.1.1 there was a VI called C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\project\Source Code Control\_sccsbvi\Compute Metrics for Display.vi
In LabVIEW 8.2 there is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\project\prometrics.llb\ProMetrics Compute Metrics for Display.vi, however the interface is different.  I have existing 7.1.1 code that I run weekly to generate CMMI metrics for our project and I was curious if there is still a VI that directly replaces the 7.1.1 version or if anyone knows if the output of the 8.2 ProMetrics version is the exact same format.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,855 Views)
I have not worked with this VI before but it seems to be that there is a difference in inputs in the VI in both versions. Attached are the Context Help (Ctrl+H) windows for both VIs. If you are facing any difficulty in programming in LabVIEW 8.2, you can compile the 7.1 VI in LabVIEW 8.2 and make it work in that environment.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,834 Views)

Recompiling the VIs to version 8.2.1 does not work due to changes in 8.2.  I get error 1445:

LabVIEW:  Open VI Reference no longer matches VIs in memory by filename. A filename is no longer sufficient because the full name of a VI now includes any owning libraries.

The block diagrams are locked and therefore I cannot make any changes to allow it to open the VI reference for gathering the metrics.  Anyone have any solutions or a verification that the data output by the 8.2.1 ProMetrics tools are the same even though the interface has changed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,800 Views)
Hi cdlvuser,

I just ran the ProMetrics Compute Metrics for Display.vi with a single VI and was able to run it successfully in LabVIEW 8.2.1. Can you please tell me what steps you took when you got that error?
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,782 Views)

My subVI calls the Compute Metrics for Display directly sending it a list of VIs (see below).  The Compute Metrics for display calls Version Control CIN.vi with a single VI name and the operation "get metrics" and this is the VI that provides the error message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,772 Views)
You VI was not attached. It seems that ProMetrics Compute Metrics for Display.vi is not the one which is causing this error. This knowledge base article might help you out:
I Get Error -1445 When I Run Example Programs....
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,761 Views)

Thank you.  I was able to modify the Compute Metrics for Display.vi

It was calling Version Control CIN.vi with just a stripped path VI name passed in.  I wired in the path as well and it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,752 Views)