LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiled exe with labview crash at launch

Hello all,

I have an i7 with windows 7 64 and Labview 2012 SP1 installed on it. I did not have any problems with it since now. I'm facing with a strange issue regarding any VI compiled with labview, also a simple Message Box stating "Hello world". If I launch the VI from labview, everything is fine, but if I create an executable it crash at launch without returning any error. Exe is working well on another PC with LV runtime, so the issue is regarding my PC only.

I have tried to reinstall labview runtime without success. I have also tried to compile a debug version of the exe, but debug server do not find it.

If I debug it with MS VC++ the only thing I see is the following exception:

First-chance exception at 0x7789c41f in Application.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: LVExcept at memory location 0x0018e484..
First-chance exception at 0x7789c41f in Application.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000..
First-chance exception at 0x7789c41f in Application.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000..
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1194) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x324) has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Hope that some of you could help without reinstalling the entire operating system!

ciao

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,594 Views)

Do you run any kind of PC security software? Which one? (e.g. avast seems to be causing problems once in a while)

also:

Have you tried to repair the LabVIEW installation?

Did you also install any run time engine, and if so, which one?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,576 Views)

Thanks for you answer.

I have OfficeScan antivirus running, but it is running also on other colleagues laptop that have no issues.

I have LV 2011 runtime installed since awhile.

Reinstalling the LV2012 developing environment would be my last chance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,567 Views)

There have been numerous report with trend micro (here, here, etc.). Can you temporanily turn it off and see if the problem presists?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,564 Views)

OfficeScan unloaded, but problem is still there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,545 Views)