From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRIO – Receives error when trying to reference FPGA VI and Host VI

Hi all.

I have used LabView for several years, but I’m a beginner with the LabView Real-time module and FPGA-module. I have a CompactRIO (NI cRIO-9002) unit and two NI 9233 AI modules. To get familiar with these units I wanted to start with the example for NI 9233 that comes with LabView. I followed the instructions on how to transfer the example to a new target and copied the files to a new project. I compiled and downloaded the VI for the FPGA, and it worked fine (Wow I just programmed an FPGA with LabView!:-) I then tried to download the code for the host and that was when my problem started. I right clicked the Open FPGA VI reference\Select VI and selected the FPGA VI in my project. I the pressed the run arrow, but when the program is being deployed I get the error “Failed to download…”

When I tried to download a simple test program without any reference to the FPGA it worked fine. I started deleting blocks in the VI to isolate the problem and ended up with just a Open FPGA reference and Close FPGA reference that failed to download.

What could that be?

If I run the Host VI on my laptop it works fine and receives the measurements from the FPGA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Terje

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,265 Views)

I just updated the software on the CompactRIO and now it seems to work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,259 Views)

I have developed a simple VI that calculates the FFT of a real time signal acquired through DAQ. Now I want to program FPGA with this code. Since I am very new to Labview and related hardware(just started learning it a month ago) I dont know where to start from. The hardware I am using is NI PXI 1031, NI PXI 8106 (embedded controller), PXI 7833R reconfigurable I/O, PXI 6512 Industrial digital o/p

Plz help me out. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,272 Views)