From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compability issue 9222 module in 9144 chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running a cRIO-9025 system with additional 9144 chassis. After putting a 9222 module in the 9144 chassis I found that it wouldn't work. I checked the NI websites and found a table were it is listed that this combination is in fact not supported. Will this be changed in the future? Is it possible to use it in the 9114 chassis of the cRIO? When I tried it, it said that it only works in FPGA-mode while I was using this SCAN-mode. As far as I understood this SCAN-mode is necessary for the 9144. So, I wondered if it is possible to use the SCAN-mode only for the 9144 and the FPGA-mode for the 9114 and if so, how to do it?

I am very new to all this, so a newbie-friendly explanation or a link to a good document about this topic would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndreKunze

-Yes you can use scan mode for the 9144 and FPGA mode for the 9114. This is the way you will have to set the project as teh 9222 isn't supported in scan mode. 

You don't have to do anything special to make that work, just configure both chassis. 

We try to get all module in scan mode but, because of performance issue, don't support all c-series modules. We consistently re-evaluate what modules we support - I will make sure your feedback on the 9222 gets to the development team. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
Message 2 of 3
(2,599 Views)

Thanks for the reply. If it works on the 9114 it's good enough for the moment. I'll try the configuring later. It's probably not that difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,586 Views)