LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between Labview 8.2.1 and TDI XBL Dynaload via RS232

A couple other things you could try.

Try using a program such as Portmon  (you can find by googling) to log what is going back and forth through the serial port when you are using hyperterminal.  Do the same with your LV program and see if there are any obvious differences.

You can also use NI-Spy to track the serial port data if you run it when using your LV program.  (I don't think it works with non-NI programs, thus the need for Portmon).

Wrap your VISA writes in a subroutine so that you can take any string you pass to it and write it out one byte at a time with a small delay between bytes (10 ms, 100ms?  something to experiment with).  Although you said you interbyte delays in your first post, I'm not sure how you incorporated it.

Post your actual VI rather than screenshots.  Although we can't use it because we don't have your device.  At least it gives us a chance to poke around the code and take a look at any properties that won't show up in a screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(570 Views)

Thank you for your suggestions, I will certainly try them and let you know what happens. In the meantime, I'd like to send my VI and if possible, I'd really like for you to look over our coding to ensure that that we've coded everything correctly in Labview. If you can do this, we would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you in advance for your help.  

I've tried uploading my VI and it has given me an unexpected error. The file size is 417 KB. Do you have an e-mail address that I can send the VI to instead? Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(546 Views)

What browser are you using?  Some browsers (safari, chrome) don't allow files with only 2 letter extensions (such as .vi).

Trying zipping the file and uploading again.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(540 Views)
Ok I've zipped the file and uploaded using Firefox instead of Chrome.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(534 Views)