Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating two real time targets over TCP/IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody

I need to communicate two RT targets over TCP/IP protocols

I have two sbRIO board connected with a single host PC via Ethernet router

and I have two IP address of those two targets how can I make RT-RT ping using TCP/IP..

Thanks 

syed irfan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,377 Views)

What exactly is your question? The "ping" protocol does not use TCP, it uses ICMP. I do not know of a way to send an ICMP ping from an RT system.

You can use TCP to send data between RT targets. The TCP functions work the same way on RT that they do on other platforms. See the TCP examples supplied with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,367 Views)

HELLO Mr. 

I am building a redundant system using two sbRIO's

so I want to establish a kind of communication between RT VI's of two targets 

to accomplish a kind indication that one target is running or not and and the status should be displayed in other target

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TCP functions work the same way on RT that they do on other platforms

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am using RT whether the IP address of the two targets has any role to play in this communication via TCP/IP

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author irfan789

irfan789 wrote:

As I am using RT whether the IP address of the two targets has any role to play in this communication via TCP/IP

In order to open a TCP connection, you need to supply the IP address of the remote machine. It does not matter what operating system the remote machine is running. If that does not answer your question, then I do not understand what you are asking.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)