From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combustion Control Module

I will need to design a Furnace Control system in a couple months, using LabVIEW. I was just wondering if National Instruments had any existing products or components that could assist with this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,360 Views)
Look at the DSC module.  It provides data logging and alarms to shared variables.  Also, OPC servers for communicating with PLC's.  All of these things could be handled with regular LabVIEW, but the DSC module can save some coding.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,346 Views)

BobChuck,

Have you selected the hardware that will control the furnace?  I'm assuming you will be doing feedback control, how fast do you expect to run your control loops?  As NI is a tools company, they don't sell specific solutions.  However, there are a lot of helpfull tools like the PID control toolkit and the Real Time Module.  If you can tell me a few more specifics about the system and the enviroment you need to operate in, I (or others) could give you more direction.

Steve

SteveA
CLD

-------------------------------------
FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
-------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,342 Views)
My company will nto start working on this for another couple months, so I don't have the specifics yet. I just wanted to know how much support there was, and how flexible the availible tools were. It sounds like there are a large number of very flexible tools, which is what I was hoping for.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,336 Views)

Hi BobChuck,

We have quite a few products which may be helpful to you.  Like SteveA said, LabVIEW Real-Time and the PID Control Toolkit may be relevant to your application:
https://www.ni.com/en/shop/data-acquisition-and-control/add-ons-for-data-acquisition-and-control/wha...

We also have real-time control hardware, such as the CompactRIO:  https://www.ni.com/en/shop/compactrio.html

OPC and DSC are useful if you are going to have a large number of distributed IO channels, either with NI or 3rd party products.

There is also the LabVIEW Touch Panel Module, which is used to create user interfaces on touch screens.

Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,296 Views)