LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapsable Comments

Great Ideas here I like using the string constant as a comment header (like a footnote) with the actual comment saved in the control discription, this is much better than a vi that has overhead.  A few additional suggestions that might be to make this a strict typedef.  This will allow us to later do a find all comments by searching for the comment type using the find function.  We can also set the color scheme here like make the comment Bright Yellow with no border so it looks very different from a string constant.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 11 of 12
(823 Views)

I looked, and I can see that I used a picture control instead of a string, because a string constant can't be colored for some reason. I placed this VI as a merge VI in one of the palettes so that it drops the actual picture. You can see that I never actually used it because of the way it looks. I would probably have chosen a different color scheme and made it smaller if I was actually using it.

If you want to recreate this, all you need to do is use the picture control VIs to put some text and a background into a picture control and change it to a constant.

Message Edited by tst on 04-16-2009 10:56 AM