From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster read problem XP to W7

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a labview 7.0 program that saves and reads a cluster to and from a file. When the program is running on an XP machine it can read files generated in both XP and W7.  If the same program is running in W7 it can only read files saved in W7, those from XP result in this error message:

LabVIEW:  Unflatten or byte stream read operation failed due to corrupt, unexpected, or truncated data.

The cluster I am using has 3 inputs:

an array of 4 waveforms

2ea single precision 1D numerical arrays.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author acocconi

LabVIEW 2009 was the first version of LabVIEW officially supported under Windows 7.  I know you said your program was a LabVIEW 7.0 program, but are you running it under LabVIEW 7.0, or are you running it on a more recent version of LabVIEW (and having LabVIEW "up-convert" it?

Some of us (including me) have both LabVIEW 7 (on Windows XP) and newer LabVIEW versions installed on machines, and would be able to test your code, see if we can understand the problem, and suggest some work-arounds.  To do this, we would need (a) a small Sample program to do the reading/writing of your Cluster, and (b) an example Data File to test.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,596 Views)

Is this an executable or can you run it in the development environment on both machines.

Is the code really identical?

Do the LabVIEW versions differ in any way?

How do you read the cluster from the file? Can you show us some code?

What happens if you read the file as a binary string and unflatten to the cluster later? Can you compare the binary string on both systems?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,596 Views)

I followed your suggestion and made a a stripped down program with the same data structure. The simplified program did not exhibit the same behavior, and the files were read properly in both XP and W7, so now I have to figure out the part that is really causing the problem.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,529 Views)