LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster of slides not filled the colors

Hello,

I use a Resultslider1.vi that sets the slides colors in a cluster.  This vi is called by the testresultsilder1.vi in which the colors are not set (only the values of the sildes).

See the example below.

The testresultsilder1.vi generates random values that are displayed in the cluster of sildes which should be colored red when the values are out of limit and green when it is between the limits. Also the label is set to indicate the test number.

What do i wrong?

Kind regards, Ben Arts

Message Edited by Ben Arts on 07-10-2009 04:17 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,098 Views)

You can NOT change the name of an object in a cluster while the program is running because the name of the object is used to index within the cluster.

The CAPTION (after it has been created at development time) can be manipulated.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,079 Views)

Sorry, i made a type mistake the label is not changed but the caption.text.

But with the caption.text it does not work. i tried an example form labview see attached file but still have errors.

Please advise...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,077 Views)

You will ahve to convert over to using a cluster instead of an aray if you want unique captions for each since the caption is an atribute of the cluster and all attributes of all elements in an arry have to be the same.

You could work around this by ading a string to your cluster and use it instead of the caption. This will work since the string text will part of the data and not an attribute.

This thread will show more techniques for using control refs if yu are interested.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,068 Views)

Hello, 

in my first example i use only a cluster with sildes. I can run the Exampleresultsilder1.vi (put some loop around it) and then it works fine, see attached file.

But when i call it by the tesresultsilder1.vi then i see only the value changes and not the color of the silde.

Ben Arts

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,055 Views)

Hello, 

Has someone an idea about this?

Kind regards, Ben arts

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,023 Views)

In order to modify properties of a front panel control with a subvi you have to pass a reference to the front panel control to the sub-vi.  In you case you would wire it to the property node of you for loop. (replaceing the property node that is linked to 'Clusteroutp' in the subvi')

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,012 Views)

Hello jack47,

it's not clear to me. What do you mean by reference to the front panel control?

Can you give me an example (pdf)?

Kind regards, Ben Arts

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,994 Views)
Find a 'control refnum' and place it on the front panel of the subvi.  Drag you Clusteroutp control into the refnum.  On the back panel, disconnect the property node from the Clusteroutp control and wire the new refnum control to it.  Add it to the connector pane.  In the main VI, create a reference to the cluster you want to update, and wire that to the connector you added.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,975 Views)
Also, in the example finder 'Property Nodes.vi' has a subvi that updates graph properties that illustrates the use of references and control references.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,973 Views)