LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close an executable but leaving labview open

I have a situation where I am running a labview executable and Labview source code at the same time in some casesThe executable is in 8.5 and the source is in 6I need to be able to open and close the executable while keeping the Labview Source code still runningHowever when I use the quit labview function in the executable to remove it from the task manager it will close the source codeI have tried just closing the exe with system executed task kill, but It does not workAny suggestions?

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,005 Views)

use the "FP.Open" property....

1.png

Message Edited by Guruthilak on 02-19-2010 10:47 AM
Regards
Guru (CLA)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,990 Views)

^ ^

Yes, put that one in your executable. Replace "Quit LabVIEW" with the above one.

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,977 Views)

Hello Wade,

did that solve your question?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,953 Views)
I actually find it hard to believe that the 6.1 development system is exiting when the app finishes. I just built a 2009 exe and when I run that, it does not shut down 8.6. I also remember having a couple of 6.1 exe's run and when closing one, the others stayed open.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,950 Views)

Hard to remeber all  the way back then but..... Didn't the Application Instance appear in 6.1?  if so the 6.0 app doesn't know to ignore the Quit Labview.

On the other hand.  The Quit Labview primitave is not the best way to end an application (Unless you use a filter event to safegard yourself its like stopping your car by running into a tree)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,942 Views)

Actually when I installed it on the system with 6.1 it did not shutdown the application, when I closed out the executable.  I just know if the system is running an application an executable written in the same version the quit labview vi will close both.  I just assumed that this would be the case with the 6.1 vs. 8.5.  Thanks for the Info.

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,930 Views)