LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning computers with LabView installed?

Hello everyone,,

I am a tech that has to upgrade 12 Windows 7 computers to Windows 10 Pro. I have never worked with LabView before. Can I just upgrade one computer to Windows 10 Pro, pull an image, then use that image on the other 11 computers or will this FUBAR LabView? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RedG.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,292 Views)

The licensing might be a problem. The license is linked to a few HW serial numbers. So if you clone, you might need re-activation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,255 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

The licensing might be a problem. The license is linked to a few HW serial numbers. So if you clone, you might need re-activation.

Maybe you clone the computer with an unlicensed version, and the user will need to activate it themselves?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,206 Views)

@billko wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Maybe you clone the computer with an unlicensed version, and the user will need to activate it themselves?

I believe this would be the least problematic method. 

Just install everything on the first machine but leave LabVIEW in "Evaluation mode", clone it, and then let the end users activate it with their licence when they receive it.  

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,176 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@billko wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Just install everything on the first machine but leave LabVIEW in "Evaluation mode", clone it, and then let the end users activate it with their licence when they receive it.  

Unless there's a chance to get volume licensing? Not sure how many licenses you need to get volume licensing. Setting up the volume licensing and than cloning might work.

Perhaps OP can get back to let us know if licensing is a problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,146 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

@billko wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Unless there's a chance to get volume licensing? Not sure how many licenses you need to get volume licensing. Setting up the volume licensing and than cloning might work.

Perhaps OP can get back to let us know if licensing is a problem?

We are on a VLM here and honestly it's more trouble than it's worth.

But it saves our company a hundred dollars or so a year on SSP per user... (I think we have 6 LabVIEW users)

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,120 Views)