LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart Time Auto Scale

Hello,

I have a program that has 4 waveform charts set to Auto Scale for both x and y axis. However, I wanted for my x axis to start at 0 and increase the maximum interval whenever it reaches it so that I have limitless maximum time interval. I'm attaching an Image that shows two of the charts with intervals from 0 to 28879 and the other two charts show the time intervals from 27857 to 28879. I would like them all to show the intervals from 0 and on like in the first two charts. All the settings in the charts are the same. I've checked various times. I think this hast to do with something internally in the settings of the chart function.

If anyone can help me figure this out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,008 Views)

The last plot is a chart.  To always get a 0 start point, you need to disable auto-scaling on the x-axis (Right click on chart -> xscale -> uncheck autoscale x).  Also, you need to change the chart history length to however long you want your x-axis to be.  Below are the different update mode to consider.  

Sweep Chart: This mode acts much like the scope chart, but the plot is not erased when the plot hits the right border. Instead, a moving vertical line marks the beginning of new data and moves across the display from left to right as it adds new data. 

Strip Chart: This mode has a scrolling display that is similar to a paper tape strip chart recorder.  This mode first plots values from left to right. From here, it continues to plot new points at the rightmost point and shifts old values to the left.

Scope Chart: This mode has a retracing display similar to an oscilloscope. As it receives each new value, it plots the value to the right of the last value. When the plot reaches the right border of the plotting area, it erases the plot and begins plotting again from the left border. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,005 Views)

Ok,

I used the chart history length and it worked perfectly. Now I have three days worth of data from my waveform chart. However, I want to know if there is a way to get the data from that chart and have it in a text, excel, or a rough data format. I haven't closed the vi, so the data is still in showing. Also, I have LV 8.6, I know that with LV 2010 you can just right click the chart and create a excel file with the data. Is there a way I can do something similar to this with LV 8.6?

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Hi Jose 

How about using a property node History Data ? 

You get array of values, if you want to save it in Excel use Write to Spreadsheet File.VI in File I/O palette. 

Let us know if you have any more questions

Click "Accept as a Solution" if that answers your question, Kudos are Welocome Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,966 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for that; however, It works for 1D arrays, but I have a cluster of 9 elements in the chart. Is there a way to get all that data in a single file/spreadsheet?

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,957 Views)