LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing indicator images based on NON-Boolean output

Solved!
Go to solution

I am making an interface that controls a series of multiposition valves.  For the two position valves, I have setup a boolean indicator with "true" showing an image of the valve in one position and "false" showing the other configuration.  It works great, but what I must now do is try and replicate this with an 8 and 16 position valve- so rather than 2 images I must select from up to 16 different ones.  Is there some way to convert a simple numeric/string output (just the numbers 1-16) to show corresponding images 1-16?  I am sure there must be, but it is clearly a very different approach than what I am doing for T/F outputs.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,251 Views)

You can connect integer values to a case structure, too.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,246 Views)

Ahhhhhhhh.   So I have the interger value coming into the case structure, and then just use Read PNG File VI  =>  Draw Flattened Pixmap VI  to display the right image each time right?  Much easier than what I had been trying, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bgalfond

@bgalfond wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh.   So I have the interger value coming into the case structure, and then just use Read PNG File VI  =>  Draw Flattened Pixmap VI  to display the right image each time right?  Much easier than what I had been trying, thank you!

Yes!  You can even optimize it to move the Read PNG File VI and Draw Flattened Pixmap VI outside the case structure and have the case structure only contain the paths.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 6
(3,226 Views)

If your images are defined at development time, you can use Ring&Enum -> Picture ring. To insert pictures: right click menu -> Add item and Import picture from clipboard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,220 Views)

Well that worked perfectly.  Only issue now is that it looks way too elegant for all the screwing around I did haha!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,217 Views)