cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing delimiter in DAQmx Configure Logging VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am currently using the DAQmx Configure Logging VI to log data into a tdms file, but I need to change the delimiter to a period (I believe default is \t if I'm not mistaken). I don't know if that's even possible with this VI, but if it is, I'm having issues figuring out how. I know there is a Write Delimited Spreadsheet VI where it's easy to change the delimiter but if it's possible in the configure logging VI I'd rather do that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,382 Views)
Solution
Accepted by joeyjackson97

TDMS is a binary format.  There is no delimiter.  There is an Excel plugin that should have installed with LabVIEW to allow you to open TDMS files in Excel and therefore read the data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,358 Views)

OK that's what I originally thought. I am generating some data to send to somebody else that will process it in Python, but he was having issues getting it to work and he had asked me to change the delimiter, which I thought didn't make sense.

I'll let him know that the delimiter isn't the issue (as it doesn't exist). Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,355 Views)

@joeyjackson97 wrote:

I am generating some data to send to somebody else that will process it in Python, but he was having issues getting it to work

A quick Google search gave me this: npTDMS.  Your somebody else might want to check out that library.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,346 Views)