LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing VISA Synchronous state

Trying to change VISA read/write synchronous state.

LabVIEW Help says to right click on the node and select the mode you want (Synchronous I/O Mode).

I right click on it, See that "Synchronous" is checked, and because it is easier or built into my mouse memory I just re-assert the click on and choose "Synchronous", except that when I do that, it changes it to Asynchronous.  It behaves as if any choosing of the Synchronous I/O Mode just toggles the state, instead of actually setting the state to what you chose.

This does not seem logical to me.  Am I doing this right, or is there some other problem going on here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,161 Views)

I see what you're saying.  Any click on either of the two pull-rights toggles the current selection.

I will agree that the semantics of the menu could be better, but as a practical matter it's below my threshold Smiley Happy

The icon changes to include the watchface glyph when the node is set to asynch, so I only right-click on it when I want to change it.  And it's waaay better than back in the days of yore, when it was a global app preference (syncVISA=TRUE, IIRC).

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 2
(2,154 Views)