From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Front Panel Positions Ignored On Linux RT

So I have a fairly complex UI on the embedded UI Linux RT. It's actually quite simple but trying to pull some clever positioning elements to create a user-friendly UI. In particular I am creating a touch panel numpad input. When the user clicks on a numeric control the numpad appears by the control so they can enter a value.

I have some code to decide where to place this on launch and I have probed the position values which look sensible but it seems like the panel just ignores it! Every time it launches in the same position. I have tried opening the front panel hidden first to make sure it wasn't because it wasn't loaded but still the same issue.

Am I missing an obvious LabVIEW thing or is this a bug in the RT embedded UI element?

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,030 Views)

I'm thinking that it's either:

- This property isn't supported on RT (but presumably it does work when the user does it and it's justs the initial positioning that fails?)

or

- If you try to set a property on a control and that control is not actively visible (as opposed to hidden) then it just won't be applied. I seem to remember having this issue with remote front panels. There's a little bit of information about that here. I'm not sure how different the embedded UI is to remote front panels?!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,026 Views)

Hi Sam,

Yeah it definately has worked in the past so I think it should be supported.

The visibility thing is interesting - likewise not sure if there is any overlap or not but I will try setting it visible first and see if it makes any difference.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,019 Views)

EDIT - Ignore - Different property that is now throwing an error (Still don't know why though!)

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,014 Views)

Not 100% sure but maybe you wan't the value signalling property?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,875 Views)

@OA1 wrote:

Not 100% sure but maybe you wan't the value signalling property?

I don't think OP is talking about that at all, but as a quick test I found the Value Signaling property does work on the Linux RT with embedded UI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,870 Views)