LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Front Panel Positions Ignored On Linux RT

So I have a fairly complex UI on the embedded UI Linux RT. It's actually quite simple but trying to pull some clever positioning elements to create a user-friendly UI. In particular I am creating a touch panel numpad input. When the user clicks on a numeric control the numpad appears by the control so they can enter a value.

I have some code to decide where to place this on launch and I have probed the position values which look sensible but it seems like the panel just ignores it! Every time it launches in the same position. I have tried opening the front panel hidden first to make sure it wasn't because it wasn't loaded but still the same issue.

Am I missing an obvious LabVIEW thing or is this a bug in the RT embedded UI element?

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,008 Views)

I'm thinking that it's either:

- This property isn't supported on RT (but presumably it does work when the user does it and it's justs the initial positioning that fails?)

or

- If you try to set a property on a control and that control is not actively visible (as opposed to hidden) then it just won't be applied. I seem to remember having this issue with remote front panels. There's a little bit of information about that here. I'm not sure how different the embedded UI is to remote front panels?!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,004 Views)

Hi Sam,

Yeah it definately has worked in the past so I think it should be supported.

The visibility thing is interesting - likewise not sure if there is any overlap or not but I will try setting it visible first and see if it makes any difference.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,997 Views)

EDIT - Ignore - Different property that is now throwing an error (Still don't know why though!)

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,992 Views)

Not 100% sure but maybe you wan't the value signalling property?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,853 Views)

@OA1 wrote:

Not 100% sure but maybe you wan't the value signalling property?

I don't think OP is talking about that at all, but as a quick test I found the Value Signaling property does work on the Linux RT with embedded UI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,848 Views)