From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change port used to send SMTP e-mail

I am trying to send e-mail notifications using a .vi.  My company has blocked SMTP port 25  to prevent SPAM.  My IT has told me that there is another port I can use to send e-mail.  It is possible for me to change, IN LABVIEW, the port used to send e-mail?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,047 Views)
Without modifying NI's SMTP library the answer is no. The port they use (25, standard SMTP port) is hardcoded in their library.
Message Edited by Mark Yedinak on 09-15-2009 10:31 AM

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 5
(3,043 Views)

For future inquiries, if you drop the Send Email.vi from the smtp email group and right-click, then open front panel, you can pull the subSendEmail.vi from the block diagram that will give you all the options the wizard has.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,538 Views)

Probably the easieist way is to use stunnel.  It can intercept email trying to go out that port and send it to one that you specify.  It can even do SSL for you, so it's great for old programs that only know how to send unencrypted email to port 25 (or lazy LabVIEW programmers).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,530 Views)

Hi,

simply append the port number to the server address, divided by a colon, for example:

smtp.gmail.com:587

Bye

m

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(908 Views)