LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change caliberation file data while running program?

Hi,

Sometimes when my main file reads it's sub vi caliberation file, my graph shows some newton force eventhough i know force is zero, it happens because of offset. I like to make some easier way to access caliberation data from front panel so that i can change offset value from front panel while runnning the program...that change in offset value simultaneously chage caliberation file data too..

will appreciate ur idea..

pratap
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,495 Views)
This question is not understood whatsoever.

Please pretend we aren't sitting in your office looking at your program and setup, and describe your problem again. Perspective is a terrible enemy if you don't watch it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,495 Views)
sorry for my bad english..
ok,
I have a VI which contains a set of caliberation values, this is read by main VI which applies these value to produce force display in graph.

I want to have option in front panel of main vi, that let u to chagne caliberation values, to see different output in graph. i don't want to stop my running program and then open caliberation file to change caliberation values.

why do i want to change cal file?
In cal file, i have..

Axial force .......Gain...offset
in this case my graph shows some axial force eventhorugh i should have zero. To see 0 NEWTON axial force i thave to stop my program and open cal file and make offset 0...then run again.

now i want to change cal file value from fron
t panel while running program.

hope u will understand..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,495 Views)
Depends, I suppose, on how you are applying the gain and offsets. If you are reading in raw data and then applying your gain and offset programmatically, then it is a very simple matter to do while the program is still running. If you are using NI hardware, there are also several options for changing your hardware calibration while the program is running, though you will have to stop and then restart the actual acquisition to do so. Most NI hardware will automatically optimize their gain when you specify input limits at an AI Config. You can also programmatically change the cal constants stored on the board EPROM using the calibration VIs in the DAQ --> Calibration and Configuration functions pallette.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,495 Views)