From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case structure wiring

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi LabVIEW Folks,

I'm so interested to learn a quick wiring tip for case structure without having to wire manually for every single state. I know there is an option "use as default value" but I'm interested in actually wiring because I'd need this for shift register where values are different than default.

It is really frustrating to wire a new data value manually through every state in case structure.

For more resolution, I've attached VI.

Let me know if I'm not clear with my question. Thanks!

I know this forum always rocks. Appreciate all helps so far.

Regards,

Jatin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,131 Views)

Hi Jatin,

since several LabVIEW versions you can right-click an output tunnel to make it a "linked tunnel"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(3,127 Views)

Hi Jatin,

i feel very comfortable using Functional Global Variables

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Basic-Functional-Global-Variable-Example/ta-p/3503982

not only for case structure but also for the whole project 🙂

Message 3 of 4
(3,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ackatharotiya

Linked Tunnels are what you are looking for.  They have been around since LabVIEW 8.6!

Just right-click on the output tunnel and there are a couple of options for linking the output tunnel to the input tunnel.  One of those options is to go ahead and wire all of the unwired cases for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(3,101 Views)