From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structures function help

Hello

So i am currently working on code that will deal with more than one case structure functions (in total roughly four). Within the case structures, I will be dealing with RTDS and 2 pump meters. I need help with LabVIEW to interpret what I am trying to say and I am not sure of where to begin 

1. If the user wishes RTD to measure temperature between 5-20 degrees, allow pump 1 only to pump. and allow max pump rate of pump meter to be 6litres per minute. 

2.  If the user wishes RTD to measure temperature between 36-46 degrees, allow pump 2 only to pump. and allow max pump rate of pump meter to be 6 litres per minute.

3. If the user wishes RTD to measure temperature between 20-36 degrees, allow both pump 1 and pump 2  to pump. and allow max pump rate of both pump meters pump meter to be 3  litres per minute respectively.

4. If  RTD  temperature is met, shut down both pump 1 and 2 respectively. 

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,081 Views)

HI suppaman,

I am not sure of where to begin

all you need is just one case structure with 4 3 cases. And an additional check for "temperature is met"…

(Depending on the kind of pumps (or their controllers) I would use a PID control loop to set the temperature. You can set the output range of the PID according to your requirements.)

I need help with LabVIEW

There is a Training section in the header of the LabVIEW board - check the courses offered there!

You also could attach your current VI to get more help on it.

Good advice: NEVER compare floating point values for equality!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,058 Views)

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I can send a private message regarding my code with a bit more explanation I can give.  

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,030 Views)

@suppaman wrote:

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I can send a private message regarding my code with a bit more explanation I can give.  

Cheers, 

Paraphrasing;

"A man does light a lamp and cover it with a basket."

When we share our insight in a public forum, our knowledge helps more than just one person.

Just my 2 cents,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 4
(2,028 Views)