LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structures function help

Hello

So i am currently working on code that will deal with more than one case structure functions (in total roughly four). Within the case structures, I will be dealing with RTDS and 2 pump meters. I need help with LabVIEW to interpret what I am trying to say and I am not sure of where to begin 

1. If the user wishes RTD to measure temperature between 5-20 degrees, allow pump 1 only to pump. and allow max pump rate of pump meter to be 6litres per minute. 

2.  If the user wishes RTD to measure temperature between 36-46 degrees, allow pump 2 only to pump. and allow max pump rate of pump meter to be 6 litres per minute.

3. If the user wishes RTD to measure temperature between 20-36 degrees, allow both pump 1 and pump 2  to pump. and allow max pump rate of both pump meters pump meter to be 3  litres per minute respectively.

4. If  RTD  temperature is met, shut down both pump 1 and 2 respectively. 

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,083 Views)

HI suppaman,

I am not sure of where to begin

all you need is just one case structure with 4 3 cases. And an additional check for "temperature is met"…

(Depending on the kind of pumps (or their controllers) I would use a PID control loop to set the temperature. You can set the output range of the PID according to your requirements.)

I need help with LabVIEW

There is a Training section in the header of the LabVIEW board - check the courses offered there!

You also could attach your current VI to get more help on it.

Good advice: NEVER compare floating point values for equality!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,060 Views)

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I can send a private message regarding my code with a bit more explanation I can give.  

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,032 Views)

@suppaman wrote:

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I can send a private message regarding my code with a bit more explanation I can give.  

Cheers, 

Paraphrasing;

"A man does light a lamp and cover it with a basket."

When we share our insight in a public forum, our knowledge helps more than just one person.

Just my 2 cents,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 4
(2,030 Views)