From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture the running data

Hello all,

I'm new in Labview. I would like to use Labview to perform the test for our controller product instead of using RS232 hyperterminal. Attached screenshot is my hyperterminal test solution.When I turn on the power for DUT unit, the hyperterminal will start read the data retrieve out from the unit, follow on screen prompts to complete the test.

I have a problem with Labview, when I call Labview to read the data from DUT using basic serial Write and Read_1 bit.vi, but it's difficult to show the entire data as same as what hyperterminal, it appear and disappear instantly as labview continuous looping. Can I keep the whole statement data read out from DUT?

Please help and thank in advanced

Regards

hc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,323 Views)

Your problem is not knowing how to append a new string to the old. This is pretty basic and I would recomend you start with the free tutorials.

You will end up using a shift register/feedback node with the concantanate strings function.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-25-2010 08:45 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,310 Views)
Just some more hints
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,293 Views)

Hello,

Thank a lot, I will look into it.

Regards

-hclim