LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture digital signal with DAQ 6015

I am wondering what is the best way I can capture a digital event accurately using my DAQ 6015 Pad.  It seems as though I can only capture it using (on demand) timing which I'm assuming means it will only capture it as fast as the loop iteration.  I'm looking to monitor this signal with accuracy down to about 10 ms.  Are there any good digital examples i can goto that you can vary how fast you can capture an event using the 6015?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,224 Views)

Hi caunchman,

In this card, the digital lines are static so you will have to provide the timing through software, which might not be too accurate. I would suggest using one of the counters of this card to count the digital event. I don’t know what programming language you are using, but if you are using LabVIEW you can find good examples in the NI Example Finder. You can go to Help > Find Example > Hardware Input and Output > DAQmx > Counter Measurements > Count Digital Events. If you are using Visual Studio, C or DotNet you can find the Counter examples here: \All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples. I hope this is helpful,

Ana P
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,201 Views)