LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set waveform chart value by reference / property node

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to pass a value from a subVI to my main VI, the indicator is a cluster of a waveform chart (containing two plots) and two numerical fields. The cluster reference is passed to the subVI and I want to write the new values to it via property node. However, the chart does not receive any values, it just remains empty.

When I use a cluster indicator locally in the subVI and write to it regularly via terminal, it's working fine. Also, when I use a single waveform chart not inside any cluster I can write to it via reference and property node without problems. Just when the chart is in a cluster and I'm using the cluster reference and property node to pass data to the chart inside it, it won't work.

What gives?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author f_loeffler

Hi,

personally I never use visualization elements like graphs in clusters or arrays. I'd argue there is always a better (cleaner) solution to it, enabling a higher level of UI decoupling. And also I don't have an answer on why your chart is behaving like this.

Anyway.. you could achieve what you like by inserting the values directly via the chart-reference.

snip.png

Maybe that helps.

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,219 Views)

Yes, this way it works, thank you! Strange it needs to be this complicated though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,206 Views)