From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set waveform chart value by reference / property node

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to pass a value from a subVI to my main VI, the indicator is a cluster of a waveform chart (containing two plots) and two numerical fields. The cluster reference is passed to the subVI and I want to write the new values to it via property node. However, the chart does not receive any values, it just remains empty.

When I use a cluster indicator locally in the subVI and write to it regularly via terminal, it's working fine. Also, when I use a single waveform chart not inside any cluster I can write to it via reference and property node without problems. Just when the chart is in a cluster and I'm using the cluster reference and property node to pass data to the chart inside it, it won't work.

What gives?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,229 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author f_loeffler

Hi,

personally I never use visualization elements like graphs in clusters or arrays. I'd argue there is always a better (cleaner) solution to it, enabling a higher level of UI decoupling. And also I don't have an answer on why your chart is behaving like this.

Anyway.. you could achieve what you like by inserting the values directly via the chart-reference.

snip.png

Maybe that helps.

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,211 Views)

Yes, this way it works, thank you! Strange it needs to be this complicated though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,198 Views)