cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read complete buffer on keithley 6485

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to take measurements using a Keithley 6485. The vi configures the instrument to take 2500 points and save them in the internal buffer. The configuration is ok and it records as requested but when I try to retrieve the data from the internal buffer a big chuck of it goes missing. This only seems to be a problem when I set the buffer size to be greater than 1000 points.
I also get a timeout error from the event handler (wait for RQS) when the buffer size is greater than 1000 points. Error code ~ 1073807339.

I have tried increasing the timeout and byte count to no avail.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
~Mariano

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,761 Views)

I would suggest that you debug the SCPI commands in MAX and make use of the ERR? query and do a query of the actual points in the buffer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,749 Views)

I would suggest that you debug the SCPI commands in MAX and make use of the ERR? query and do a query of the actual points in the buffer.

Message 3 of 4
(2,748 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M_Mario_M

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the suggestion. I found that I had some minor issues on the SCPI code by using the NIvisaic in MAX. I also added a timout property node to the vi rather than setting it directly onto the RQS handler vi.

~Mariano

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,737 Views)